Vice Head of Division of Early Childhood Education - Shenzhen
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education, Childhood Development
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood and Adolescence, Elementary Education or a similar, related field.
- 3-5 years of leadership experience in an early childhood school environment.
- Demonstrated strength in administrative experience.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (oral and written).
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for a Vice Head of Division of Early Childhood Education (ECE) to start August 2023!
BASIS International Schools is a dynamic, growing network of schools in China and Thailand. Our teachers and administrators are treated as true professionals, and given the freedom to teach in their own way to best benefit their students. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers and administrators motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance.
As BASIS International School Shenzhen expands the Early Childhood Education program we are now looking to add to our dynamic team of administrators and teachers.
Vice Head of Division of Early Childhood Education (ECE) is a member of the Senior Leadership Team working closely with all school administrators and reporting the Head of School. Vice Head of Division of Early Childhood Education (ECE) main focus points are developing early-learning programs, child development coaching, student behavior, and social integration management.
Vice Head of Division of Early Childhood Education (ECE) will directly supervise Early Education Teachers, Early Education Teaching Fellows, and the Dean of Early Education (as applicable).
- Coordinate Pre-K and Kinder academic programs to support students in situations relating to social integration in/out of the classroom
- Instruct teachers on child development best practices
- Create procedures for extreme behavior occurrences
- Monitor parent communications
- Manage parent expectations
- Support students’ social-emotional development
- Enforce School Routines and Code of Conduct
- Assist teachers with student behavior management
- Communicate with parents as needed to collaborate on student behavior management
- Maintain student discipline documentation
- Coordinate academic support program with the Director of Student Affairs and Director of Academic Programs
- Assist teachers with parent communication regarding various concerns
- Support a nurturing and achievement oriented school culture (define school-wide behavior expectations, manage social emotional curriculum and character program…)
- Define routines for school’s common areas (recess, lunch, hallways, Early Bird/Late Bird)
- Provide support and guidance to Early Education Teachers and Teaching Fellows
- Monitor student arrival and dismissal
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.