Teach English in Malaysia
Lively cities, sumptuous street food, magnificent architecture and picturesque beaches are just a few experiences that draw teachers to Malaysia from around the world. Teach English in Malaysian cities such as Kuala Lumpur, Johor, Nusajaya, or Putra Nilai.
Looking to teach English abroad? Get hired with a TEFL certification.
Teaching Jobs in Malaysia
Through Teach Away, teachers find a variety of options for teaching English in Malaysia.
English language teachers are often in demand, as well as international teachers who specialize in a variety of subjects from math and computer science to art and humanities.
Kuala Lumpur, the capital of Malaysia, is a modern city and central hub where you’ll find plenty of travelers, locals, and expats from around the world.
Find English teaching jobs and international teaching jobs in Kuala Lumpur, Johor, and across Malaysia with Teach Away when they become available.
Teaching English as a Second Language in Malaysia
Do you have a TEFL certificate and a bachelor’s degree?
Depending on the school, you may only need TEFL certification.
If you’re thinking about teaching English in Malaysia, you can find the most opportunities for full-time and part-time teaching jobs in Kuala Lumpur, the country’s capital.
To live and work in Malaysia, you’ll also need a visa and work permit.
To be qualified for teaching opportunities, get certified with one of Teach Away’s TEFL programs, and then get started applying for ESL teaching jobs in Malaysia.
International Teaching Jobs in Malaysia
There are currently over 150 international schools in Malaysia with a majority of them located in Kuala Lumpur.
To qualify for teaching roles at an international school in Malaysia, you’ll typically need a bachelor’s degree, TEFL certification, and at least 2 years of teaching experience.
International Schools in Malaysia:
- Garden International School, Kuala Lumpur
- Alice Smith School, Kuala Lumpur
- International School of Kuala Lumpur (ISKL)
- Australian International School Malaysia (AISM), Kuala Lumpur
- Fairview International School, Kuala Lumpur
- Raffles College of Higher Education Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur
- Mutiara International Grammar School, Kuala Lumpur
- Sri Utama Schools, Kuala Lumpur
- Shattuck St. Mary’s, Johor
- Raffles American School, Nusajaya
- INTI International University & Colleges, Putra Nilai
Be sure to check back on this page to see when international teaching jobs in Malaysia become available.
English Teaching Jobs in Malaysia
Much like international schools in Malaysia, you’ll find a majority of English language centers in Kuala Lumpur.
To qualify for ESL jobs in Malaysia, you’ll typically need a bachelor’s degree and TEFL certification.
English Language Schools in Malaysia:
Be sure to check back on this page to see when more ESL teaching jobs in Malaysia become available.
What’s it like living in Malaysia?
Malaysia is a safe country to live and work in.
In 2018, Malaysia made the list of the top 15 most visited destinations in the world.
Kuala Lumpur is the country’s capital and central hub for travel. You'll find the rich flavors and aromas of Malaysian cuisine, as well as Chinese and Indian influences, including curry laksa made with coconut milk, maggi goreng fried noodles, and popular desserts, such as sweet red bean ais kacang. Yum.
The cost of living in Malaysia is affordable and the transportation system is reliable, making it easy to get around and enjoy all that Malaysia has to offer.
Some blog posts to check out to help you get started with a teaching career in Malaysia:
- How to Travel Malaysia in 7 Days
- How to Choose the Right TEFL Course For Your Career as an English Teacher
- How to Start Your ESL Teaching Career
- What Does an International Recruiter Looking For in an Application?
- How to Get the Best English Teaching Jobs with Your TEFL Certification
See more blogs on how to get a TEFL certificate, how to apply for ESL teaching jobs, how to apply for international teaching jobs, and more on the Teach Away blog.
Why You Should Apply For Teaching Jobs With Teach Away
Teach Away is a trusted leader in the ESL teaching jobs and international recruitment space.
What does that mean?
Teachers looking for international teaching jobs can benefit from Teach Away’s long-standing partnerships for opportunities with some of the best schools around the world. We make your connection, and you take it from there.
For aspiring ESL teachers, Teach Away offers you TEFL certification programs designed by internationally recognized institutions. These TEFL programs are well-known throughout the industry and make resumes stand out. Once you’re TEFL certified, you can apply for ESL teaching jobs on our job board and take advantage of the tools and resources we have to help you find your dream job teaching abroad.
We also offer teacher licensure, courses for professional development, industry-related blogs and resources, and exceptional customer service.
Teach Away offers all of this under one roof, while other companies offer one or the other.
We want to help you find your dream teaching job. Start your teaching journey with Teach Away.
OISE TEFL Certification for Private School Teachers
Many private schools in Malaysia require applicants to possess an OISE TEFL certificate. The University of Toronto’s OISE TEFL Online Certificate can help you become a leading candidate for some of the top Malaysian private school positions.
Malaysia at a Glance
Capital - Kuala Lumpur
Language - Malaysian
Population - 28,334,135 (42th)
Currency - Ringgit (RM) (MYR)
Government - Federal constitutional elective monarchy and Federal parliamentary democracy
Climate - Equatorial - hot/humid
- "TUN" is the most senior federal title.
- There can be no more than 25 living TUN recipients at any one time.
- Tanjung Piai in sounthern Johor is the southernmost tip of continental Asia.
- Sabah is home to the Rafflesia, the lagest flower in the world.
- Malaysia has 65,877 km of highway, more than the Earth's circumference of 40,075 km.
- There are more than 60 sub-ethnic groups in Sabah and Sarawak.
- Malaysia has a staggering coastline of 4,675 km and has as many as two hundred islands.