Teachers looking for a new adventure can find a unique opportunity teaching in Kazakhstan. With exciting new teaching jobs across the country, Kazakhstan offers experienced teachers the chance to live in a beautiful country that few have fully explored.
Living in Kazakhstan
Not many outsiders have a clear picture of Kazakhstan. Situated at the crossroads of Europe and Asia, the country has been influenced by a number of different cultures. From snowy mountain ranges to cosmopolitan urban areas, Kazakhstan offers both stunning natural landscapes and chic cities with every modern convenience.
Residents of Kazakhstan are renowned for their warm hospitality. Enjoy a cup of tea, try local cuisine, and immerse yourself in Kazakh culture, whether in a small town or large city.
Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools
Nazarbayev Intellectual Schools (NIS) are an initiative of the Kazakh government. These elite secondary schools educate Kazakhstan’s future intellectual leaders in a trilingual environment of Kazakh, Russian, and English.
NIS accepts talented, motivated students, with the aim of developing them into critical thinkers and independent learners. NIS secondary schools are located throughout the country, with new campuses opening due to rapid expansion throughout 2013 and 2014. As a result, NIS is recruiting experienced teachers for the opportunity to become part of their educational initiative.
Teaching Jobs in Kazakhstan
NIS is currently hiring for the following positions:
Teaching Job Salary and Benefits
- $4,000-5,000 USD per month
- Accommodation provided (utilities and internet included)
- 2 annual round-trip flights
- $2,000 relocation allowance
- Vacation of 56 calendar days
- Health insurance provided
- Kazakh and Russian language courses available
All teachers must have a valid teaching license and at least 3 years of experience teaching the relevant subject.
How to Apply
In order to apply to teach with NIS, please follow the process below:
- Create a teacher profile through the Teach Away Application Portal, or log in to your existing profile.
- Once your profile is complete, remain logged in to the Teach Away Portal, and return to this page. Do not log out of the Teach Away Portal.
- Click on a link below to indicate which NIS position you would like to apply for.