English First in China
English First is one of the largest and most reputable ESL organizations in the world, also known as EF English First in China. ESL teachers who are interested in teaching English in China can find excellent opportunities to teach abroad with English First.
About English First
EF English First, a division of EF Education First the world’s leading privately owned education company. Founded in 1965, EF operates in over 50 countries around the world. We have vacancies for teaching positions across China so if you prefer the fast paced city life like Shanghai, or want to be immersed in the more traditional culture of a smaller city, we probably have the position for you. We have both Kids & Teens schools and Adult schools in over 60 Cities in China.
Teaching with English First - Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A TEFL Certification (EF TEFL sponsorship available)
- Passport holder from UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand
- The ability to obtain a clear background check
- Ability to live abroad for at least one year
Location of English First Schools in China
|Teaching Adults||Teaching Children||Teaching Online|
English First Locations
Home to 21 million people, China’s capital is both one of Asia’s busiest modern hubs and richest cultural centers. The Forbidden City and Tienanmen Square sit at the center of Beijing, with easy access to one of the world’s most famous landmarks, the Great Wall of China. Try Peking Duck, visit the opera, and soak in China’s ancient culture while living in Beijing.
China’s most populated city is also its commercial center. Located on the banks of the Yangtze River, Shanghai is home to financial centers, futuristic technology, and the world’s fastest commercial train. Although the city moves at a whirlwind pace, it also offers residents many parks and green spaces for relaxation.
Shenzhen is one of the fastest-growing cities in the world. From its popular restaurants and shopping, to its thriving art scene, to its beautiful beaches, the city is immensely popular with Chinese tourists, and is starting to be recognized as a top destination for foreign tourism as well. Situated just north of Hong Kong, Shenzhen has a sub-tropical climate.
Guangzhou is southern China’s largest city, but its scenery and mild climate make it a livable, accessible city. Just two hours from Hong Kong, Guanzhou provides the opportunity for teachers to experience a mix of cultures and languages, with a fairly even split between Mandarin and Cantonese speakers.
English First Salary and Benefits
PACKAGE UP TO 16,400 RMB
- 13,000 – 15,000 RMB monthly, based on qualifications
- 8,000 RMB annual flight allowance
- Performance bonus after 6 months up to 1,950 RMB per month at our Kids & Teens schools
- Sponsored legal Z work visa
- 10,000 RMB salary advance available
- Health insurance
- 10 paid annual leave days plus 11 national holidays
- Airport pick-up upon arrival
- Free hotel for your first two weeks at EF English First
- Sponsored accreditations including Cambridge TKT, Trinity CertTESOL, Trinity DipTESOL and DELTM
- Free Mandarin Chinese lessons
- Weekly EF sponsored social & cultural events
- Employee discount scheme
- Job rotation scheme