4th/5th Grade English & Geography Teacher
- Licensed Teacher
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- Basic monthly salary: $2,800-$3,800/month
- Annual bonus provided
- Visa Expense covered
- Transportation Subsidy provided
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous study schedule, high morale, and exceptional education standards, Shanghai High School is one of China’s most reputable schools.
The English Department of SHSID aims to develop communication, analytical, critical and creative skills through a variety of texts, resources, activities, and assignments. We expect to foster in our students these skills as well as engender an appreciation and understanding of the English language, Geography, etc. As part of an international school, the English Department also encourages the exploration of different cultures and perspectives through the world of written and spoken ideas.
The position is to teach English, Geography (possible Art) to students between Grade 4-5.
There are two positions at the main campus as well as one position on the campus is Pu Dong New Area, the other primary school campus of SHSID.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time
- Provide support to schools/principals as designated
- Understand and respect the Chinese moral and the school's cultural heritage
- Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior
- Strive to implement by instruction and action the school's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives
- Strive to maintain and improve professional competence
- Attend staff meetings and orientations
- Perform other related duties as requested or assigned
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.