- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Elementary Education
- Demonstrate a Growth Mindset
- Strong pedagogy and methodology in primary education
- Ability to articulate verbally, and apply effective strategies in math, English and science
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at the relevant level
- For visa purposes, must be under 55 years of age
- Work Visa
- Medical Insurance
- Renewable Contract (Upon successful completion of probation)
- Annual round-trip air flight to country of origin
- Tuition assistance for up to two dependent children
- Monthly housing allowance or 1 bedroom flat (if available). Housing allowance also available after one year of service.
The teacher has the responsibility to lead students toward the fulfillment of his/her potential for intellectual, emotional, psychological, and social growth. Teachers are responsible for stimulating maximum learning on the part of the pupils assigned to them by providing a good environment and by guiding sound curriculum experiences and activities in the classroom, the school, and the community. The teacher reports to the building principal or other designated leadership.
Major Duties and Responsibilities of the Classroom Teacher are to:
- Create standards-based lesson plans
- Develop Tier 1 interventions, and enrichment activities according to student needs
- Collect, document, and analyze data as appropriate to best practices
- Conduct internal continuous assessments and external assessments as warranted by the school's plan
- Engage in common planning and professional development as a value-added member of the school team
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities with responsibility for the neatness of his/her room and the proper care of all furniture and supplies
- Evaluate student progress on a regular basis
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Comply with and enforce school rules, administrative regulations, and school board policies
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings as well as other professional meetings called by the administrative staff
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials
- Accomplish reasonable special assignments as assigned by the principal
- Provide for his/her own professional growth through an on-going program of study, including workshops, seminars, conferences, and/or advanced course work at institutions of higher learning
- Perform other school duties as assigned
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 4 during the 2020-2021 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and promises to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to many supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a brand new school, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is a very exciting project, which encourages the innovative juices to flow and impact children and the school community.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.