Dean of Students - Primary School - Bangkok
- University Graduate
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education
- Bachelors required, Master’s preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in a school setting
- An eagerness and willingness to collaborate with and elevate teaching colleagues. Our teachers come from all over the world and bring a wide variety of curricular backgrounds and experience. We seek to utilize this diversity to grow and learn from each other.
- High academic standards and a desire to make a difference in the rigor of international education.
Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more. Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Bangkok is seeking a Dean of Students - Primary School for the 2024-2025 school year!
Are you an experienced educator looking to grow your career with an established and high-achieving school network? Apply now for our Dean of Students – Primary School position with BASIS International School Bangkok.
Why BASIS International Schools?
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools is a rapidly growing network of schools in China with a tradition of academic excellence and rigor. Our first school opened in Shenzhen in 2015 and since then we have opened schools in Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu and Wuhan, with two new schools coming in Shenzhen in 2024.
Our graduates have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Princeton, Oxford, Cornell, Imperial College London, MIT, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins, and many more—with an overall acceptance of nearly 100% to Top 50 U.S. universities.
The primary focus of this role is personalized student support, including behavioral, academic, and pastoral under the direction of the Division Head.
The Dean of Students helps lead the efforts to build and maintain a strong, positive achievement-oriented school culture. The Dean of Students manages the behavior programs for the school and models how to establish strong, mutually respectful relationships with students and families. This position is a visible presence in all areas of the school and is responsible for all issues relating to the well-being of the students during their time at the school.
- Review progress reports and mid-grading period reports with Division Heads
- Manage the Student Academic Support program under the direction of the Division Head
- Organize and execute student academic support as necessary
- Academic support responsibilities
- Monitor student arrival and dismissal
- Organize and execute student behavioral support as necessary
- Support procedures for student conduct issues
- Support creation of a safe and positive school and community environment
- Maintain student discipline and follow through with documentation
- Chaperone dances
- Attend field trips
- Support teachers in parent and student communication
- Manage student discipline records and parent communications related to academic performance and behavioral expectations
- Support parents with students’ overall well-being
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.