Early Years Reading Specialist
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher, University Graduate, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- ESL, English, EYE, Education
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hoursTESL/TEFL CertificateTESL/TEFL Diploma LevelOther Certification
- Housing allowance provided
- Annual Return flight allowance
- Health Insurance
- 50% tuition fees for children
- A competitive monthly salary and bonus.
- Paid annual leave in additional to paid public holidays.
- Hospitalisation insurance and medical claims.
- A paid training/induction programme with and ongoing support.
- A healthy work life balance with social events and activities.
- Quarterly Incentive Scheme based on KPI’s.
- Small class sizes.
- Performance-based awards.
- I Can Read education for employee’s children.
- Career development and progression opportunities.
- Opportunities to relocate internationally to our other I Can Read centres throughout Asia.
I Can Read is an International Literacy based learning organisation head-quartered in Singapore, we are looking for English Teachers to join our team in Muscat, Oman.
Celebrating an incredibly diverse and multicultural workforce, working for I Can Read offers opportunities for personal growth and development as we expand to reach as many students as possible across Asia and the Middle East. Our students are aged between 2.5 and 12 years old. We’re looking for creative, playful and supportive teachers who are passionate about reaching the educational goals of their students. Through training and professional development, I Can Read teachers will learn to employ a world class pedagogy as we endeavour to inspire the joy of reading. Our teachers will work five days per week with two consecutive days off on weekdays. Candidates must hold a Bachelor's Degree and have preferably two years of classroom experience.
Teach I Can Read Literacy courses:
- Working with children between the ages of 2.5 to 12 years old
- Teaching pre-reading skills to children using the I Can Read system
- Teaching reading and comprehension skills using the I Can Read system
- Conducting ad hoc replacement lessons and one-to-one lessons
- Teaching I Can Read affiliated programmes
- Teaching writing skills, including grammar, editing and publishing
- Teaching oral presentation and communication skills
- Helping children develop social skills and positive classroom behaviour
- Using I Can Read’s positive reinforcement for classroom management
- Conducting initial assessments for all prospective students
- Regularly assessing students during classes to monitor individual progress
- Working alongside the assessment team to ensure smooth running of open house events
- Discussing with parents the assessment outcomes, advising the most suitable course for their child and explaining I Can Read’s methodology
- Maintaining regular open communication with parents, through informal, formal and scheduled parent-teacher meetings.
- Keeping attendance logs for all classes taught and updating the Centre Management when a student is ready for promotion
- Attending regular Learning Centre Team meetings; this may also include taking of meeting minutes
- Updating progress sheets, complete term reports and Accident and Incident reports as required
Contribute to Student Growth and Retention:
- Increasing sign-ups through competently conducted assessments
- Maximising and maintaining high student retention rates through effective delivery of the I Can Read pedagogy and regular updates to the parents
Any other duties:
- Conducting ad hoc parent-teacher meetings and briefings
- Attending additional training if and when required
- Assisting with ad hoc duties
I Can Read is celebrating more than 20 years of experience and success!
We are a leading English enrichment centre, and have expanded to more than 200 centres and school partners in over 15 countries and cities within Asia and the Middle East. With our trademarked and copyrighted methodology, we provide the best in-class curriculum relevant to today’s market. We have celebrated over 300,000 success stories of children who have benefited from our programme!
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a new KG to Grade 12 global school in Muscat. Established by Global Education Services (GES) the school opened for the 2015/16 school year in Al Hail.
A new school has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate community. Both will be rewarded with an education experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school all can achieve.
Teach Away offers teaching jobs in Oman, ranging from private international schools to language schools throughout the country. There is a definitive focus on teaching English in Oman because it is one of the fastest-growing countries in the Middle East. Explore an engaging culture while earning a competitive, tax-free salary and notable benefits.