Early Years Teacher - Aoba / Izumi Campus
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan
- Degree in Education/Early Childhood Education/Nursery
- Teaching experience in preschool/ nursery education
- Experience working in an international education setting (Advantageous)
- EYFS or IB-PYP Early Years experience (Advantageous)
- Commitment to stay in Japan for at least 2~3 years
- Visa Sponsorship and visa procedure assistance
- Social insurance
- Subsidized public transportation for commute
- Professional development opportunities
- Language support
- Japanese conversation lessons
- Winter holiday, summer holiday, GW holiday
- Paid holiday, sick leave
Horizon Japan International School Sendai Aoba (previously known as Abroad International School Sendai) is an international school for children aged between 1-6. It has 3 schools around Japan. HJIS Sendai Aoba school is located in Aoba-ku, Sendai City Center, Miyagi Prefecture, Japan.
We are looking for a homeroom teacher who:
- can work as the homeroom teacher for any of the following age groups; infants, toddlers, preschool, pre-k or kindergarten (year group assignment subject to change),
- can work 08:00-17:00 or 08.30-17.30 on weekdays,
- has a teaching degree or certificate (preferably early childhood education),
- has at least 2 years of teaching experience with 1~6 years age group,
- has passion and enthusiasm to teach young children,
- has great creativity in implementing the school curriculum and preparing the lesson plans,
- is willing to work as a team in an international atmosphere.
- Prepare and complete weekly lesson plans and teaching materials according to the school curriculum and early learning goals,
- Generate activities for the class such as arts and crafts/ storytelling/ gross motor activities/ simple math skills/ creative play/ phonics,
- Devise a child-centered, age-appropriate program for the school as well as a calendar of activities for execution,
- Carry out classroom management and organization,
- Organize class presentations, activities for school events and activities,
- Keep proper record of what is taught in the class and the materials used,
- Prepare student progress reports and portfolios of each student on a consistent basis,
- Create a positive and encouraging learning atmosphere in the classroom,
- Provide childcare support to meet the physical and emotional needs of young children,
- Communicate with parents and members of the community.
Horizon Japan International School Sendai (Early Learning Center) is opened in April 2012 with accreditation from Miyagi Prefecture Government as an international school mainly for Japanese children from age 3 through 5. In April 2016, Horizon Sendai Primary School was opened within the same campus for children from Grade 1 through Grade 6 as the first English Immersion Primary School with Article-One status in the Tohoku area. In February 2022, we were authorized by the IBO to offer PYP.
In our Primary School, we have developed a unique program after investigating other organizational models in Japan. This program will develop the base needed for the leaders of the future. We believe that our children will be such leaders, representing Japan on the global stage, making our world a better place.
In the Early Learning Center, all instruction is in English, while in Primary School this ratio is about 50%. We are hiring enthusiastic and experienced teachers from around the Globe to offer an international atmosphere for our school community here in Sendai.
Teaching in Japan continues to be one of the most popular options for English teachers as well as licensed classroom teachers. One of the world's most technologically advanced countries, Japan also maintains a culture of old-world tradition and appreciation for beauty.