High School Literature Teacher
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate
- Minimum of $2,500-$3,700/month
- Annual bonus provided
- Visa Expense covered
- Transportation Subsidy provided
- Medical Insurance
- Free breakfast and Lunch on every working day
- Airport pick up service upon arrival
- Free accommodation with furniture
- Garden like campus
Shanghai High School International Division is one of China’s premier schools, with a historical tradition of success and leadership. Our diligent and respectful students come from around the world to engage in our bilingual curriculum, expansive extracurricular and sports, and rigorous standards toward performance. Our English department is seeking knowledgeable, creative, adventurous, and qualified teachers to join our team and gain the experience of a lifetime. Our school focuses on literature, rhetoric, poetry, and literary theory with a curriculum that works to create outstanding scholars prepared for entrance into the best universities in the world. If you are an experienced or inspired teacher seeking guidance combined with freedom, dedicated students who value your knowledge, strong collaboration between teachers, and a campus and environment that is constantly developing, SHSID is the school for you.
- Abide by the teachers’ rules and regulations, attend orientations, staff meetings, parents’ meetings, and participate in educational activities on time
- Assign and mark homework with constructive and detailed criticism; maintain teaching standards
- Be familiar with literary interpretation, rhetorical analysis, and literary theory
- Attend all staff meetings and professional development seminars; be an active participate in curriculum and school development
- Work well with others as both a leader and a member of a group; prepare and teach lessons based on teaching group decisions
- Adapt to local and school culture and be a representative of SHSID
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence
- Performs other related duties as requested or assigned
Established in 1865, Shanghai High School has an overall size of 340 mu (223,617 square meters), and is historically one of the most well-known schools in China and around the world. Of the alumni, there are over 100 provincial and ministry leaders of the People's Republic of China, 55 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS) and the Chinese Academy of Engineering (CAE), and 30 generals in the people's Liberation Army (PLA).
Shanghai High School International Division (SHSID) was founded in 1993 and became an International Baccalaureate (IB) world school in 1995. In 2003, Shanghai High School became the only United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) associated school in Shanghai. SHSID is authorized by the College Board to administer AP, SAT and PSAT exams and is an authorized TOEFL exam center. SHSID is approved to be a test center by Cambridge International Examinations and is also authorized by the ACT Inc. as an ACT exam center. In 2017, SHSID became the University of Cambridge China Screening Center. At present, approximately 2,800 students from over 60 countries and regions are enrolled in the Puxi and Pudong Campuses of the International Division.