Kindergarten Teacher - Guangzhou
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education, Childhood Development
- A Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education, Early Learning, Childhood Development or other related field and the ability to successfully pass a background clearance.
- In addition to a Bachelor’s degree, documentation of a state or national authorized elementary subject knowledge certification is necessary.
- Must have a minimum of 2 full years of teaching experience.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
- Full airfare for employee and accompanying immediate family at beginning and end of assignment
- Furnished housing is provided
BASIS International School Guangzhou is seeking qualified candidates for Kindergarten Teacher for the 2022-23 school year!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our Kindergarten classrooms are taught by two teachers — the lead Kindergarten Teacher and an additional Kinder Teaching Fellow. The Kinder Teaching Fellow supports the learning of students and supplements the instruction of the lead teacher.
In a BASIS International Kindergarten teaching position, you will create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience, and children learn to become enthusiastic life-long learners. The thematic, hands-on, and content rich curriculum creates a blueprint for children to transition with ease to first grade, and equips students with a foundation for future success. Our early education teachers are guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach higher level content than grade standard in an interactive learning environment to deliver exceptional results for all students.
- Create intervention and enrichment activities to supplement core instruction to heighten the trajectory of their academic and personal success.
- Instruct students in executive functions to develop skills of autonomy, responsibility, and independence.
- Implementation of BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for learning and educate students at an internationally competitive level.
- Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.