Kindergarten Teacher - Shenzhen
- Early Childhood
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education, Education, Childhood Development
- A Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education, Early Learning, Childhood Development, or other related field and the ability to successfully pass a background clearance.
- Must have a minimum of 2 full years of teaching experience.
- Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience.
- BASIS International Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health coverage, housing allowance, travel assistance, and more.
- Assistance in obtaining a visa will be provided.
BASIS International School Shenzhen is seeking qualified candidates for a Kindergarten (Early Education) Teacher for the 2023 school year!
BASIS International School Shenzhen - the founding international school in our global network - is moving to a new campus and expanding to include over 400 more students! Come join our internationally acclaimed program and be a part of this exciting development!
BASIS International teachers are knowledgeable, passionate, and believe in transforming education. As part of a uniquely collaborative and professional teaching community, BASIS International teachers motivate students to reach their highest potential, while also elevating their own skills through peer collaboration and a culture where learning is of the greatest importance. Our Kindergarten classrooms are taught by two teachers--the Learning Expert Teacher (LET) and the Subject Expert Teacher (SET). The LET and SET ECE are required to holistically collaborate in order to provide the optimal classroom experience to the students. They co-plan cross-curricula units of work that integrate all subjects, share all data, participate in professional development together and communicate with parents equally.
In a BASIS International Kindergarten teaching position, you will create a learning environment where learning is a joyful and rewarding experience, and children learn to become enthusiastic, life-long learners. The thematic, hands-on, and content rich curriculum creates a foundation for children to build upon in the elementary grades. Our early education teachers are guided by the belief that any child can excel with the right support.
Primary Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lay foundations for the joy of learning to set students up for success with the challenging curriculum in the elementary grades.
- Begin helping students develop skills of autonomy, responsibility, and independence.
- Implementation of the BASIS Curriculum by designing effective and creative lessons and assessments to display your passion for learning and educating students at an internationally competitive level.
- Management of student behavior to foster academic achievement, personal responsibility, intellect, and individuality in all students.
- Collaborate with other BASIS International teachers to form a community of smart, talented, and interesting people who are passionate about their work and readily willing to work in a professional, academic environment.
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge. Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand. Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu will open--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. Future locations planned include Beijing, Tianjin, and Shanghai, China.