Middle School Principal
- Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 6 years of teaching experience
- Educational Leadership
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Economy ticket and airport assistance and pick up
- Housing allowance is provided on Monthly Basis
- Settle in allowance
- Shipping allowance
- Medical insurance
The following areas describe the domains and capabilities of school leadership that encapsulate the essence of school leadership. The domains are derived from the MKS principal evaluation rubric.
Diagnosis and Planning
- Continuously strives to improve student performance
- Develops a results-oriented strategic plan
- Recruits and develops strong leadership teams
Management and Communication
- Leads by example
- Works closely with Governance and Leaderships teams
- Frequently solicits and uses feedback from students and staff
- Inspires teams to reach measurable, results-oriented year-end goals
- Uses data on grades, attendance, behavior, and other variables to monitor and drive continuous improvement toward goals.
- Boosts morale and a sense of efficacy by getting colleagues to celebrate and own measurable student gains.
- Uses all-staff meetings to get teachers to share strategies and become more cohesive.
- Visits approximately 3-5 classrooms a day and gives helpful, face-to-face, and/or written feedback to each teacher within 24 hours.
- Counsels and works with all teachers who need additional guidance
- Gets staff buy-in for clear, school-wide student-behavior standards, routines, and consequences.
- Ensures that staff are skilled in positive discipline and sensitive handling of student issues
- Makes families feel welcome and respected and responds to concerns
- Publicly celebrates kindness, effort, and improvement and builds both students' and staff's pride in their school
- Creates/monitors an equitable schedule that maximizes learning, teacher collaboration, and smooth transitions.
- Ensures/supervises smooth, friendly student entry, dismissal, meal times, transitions, and recesses every day.
The Modern Knowledge Schools, founded by Ms. Parween Kazerooni in 1995, is a privately owned K – 12 American school located in the Juffair area of Bahrain.
The curriculum is American and all instruction is in English except the required Arabic Language, Islamic Religion, and Arabic Social Studies. In addition to the American curriculum, the school is authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program for students in Grades 11 and 12.
There are four separate schools with a population of over 2400 students, 72% host country nationals and the remainder international. Our curriculum is delivered by an enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and energetic faculty to multicultural instructional groups.
As an American curriculum school, MKS is committed to hiring experienced and certified staff members from the U.S. and Canada to teach the core subjects of Math, English, Science, and Social Studies. However, we are also committed to a strong Arabic studies curriculum that is taught by experienced Arab teachers.
Our mission and philosophy are to provide the best education possible to all of our students, and we are proud that our student population includes students from a variety of countries and nationalities.
Although we have achieved much, we have much more to achieve. We intend to continue building and improving our school and staff for years to come. Again, we welcome you and thank you for visiting our website, and we invite you to visit Modern Knowledge Schools.
Teaching in Bahrain allows educators to get to know this small but powerful island nation. Teaching jobs in Bahrain offer excellent salaries and benefits.