Middle School Science Teacher
- Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Science, Mathematics
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the subject area.
- A relevant license, certificate, or registration.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Resilience and a positive attitude.
- Superb interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to establish rapport and build professional relationships with adolescents.
- A high degree of professionalism.
- A growth mindset.
- Experience: 3 or more years of classroom teaching experience (experience with English Language Learners preferred)
- Teaching License/Certification
- Experience with US Common Core in Middle School or High School
- Salary: Monthly, competitive salary based on your credentials and experience
- Accommodation: Free housing
- Accommodation Details: Western-style apartment within walking distance of your school
- Airfare Reimbursement: 8K-12K RMB for the round-trip flight every year.
- Airport Pickup: Yes
- Support Staff: Fully bilingual support staff is available to help process your visa, settle you into your apartment, translate legal documents, and much more. We provide western comforts and support to make the transition easier for you.
- Health Insurance Provided: Yes
- Additional Benefits: Paid Vacation
- Professional Development: Ongoing professional development provided, including annual teacher in-service, and frequent professional development opportunities. Teachers enjoy career advancement opportunities.
- Bonus: Teacher referral bonus offered to all KLIS teachers.
- Holidays: We observe local national holidays and some US holidays.
KLIS is committed to creating, sustaining, and growing visionary educational programming that meets the goals of globally-minded PreK-adult learners, the faculty and administration who serve them, and the organizations and corporations who go on to employ them, worldwide. KLIS was established in 2015. It is a non-profit school serving students in grades PreK-12. Open to students of expatriate families living and working in southwestern China, KLIS offers an American-style curriculum taught by an accomplished American and international faculty.
Position / Role Introduction
The HS Science teacher is a challenging and rewarding position. Academics of the program are administered by the Dean of Academics, who works directly with the Principal at KLIS to ensure the quality of education. Our teachers are provided a US curriculum as a guide and framework for the academic year, design daily lesson plans, and manage the classroom as they would in a typical US classroom. Students take their coursework in English and classes are led by international teachers.
- Develop lesson plans and instructional materials, and provide individualized and small-group instruction to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student
- Teach chemistry, and physics, to grade 6 -8 students
- Evaluate students’ academic and social growth, record appropriate records and prepare progress reports
- Communicate with parents
- Collaborate with school administrators and peer teachers
- Participate in curriculum and professional development sessions
- Assist and coordinate activities and events inside and outside of the school
- Participating in curriculum development as required
- Organizing and assisting club activities and other student activities
KL International School is a private,co-educational, not-for-profit international school whose mission is to prepare creative,collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders.
Chongqing Nuolin Bashu School for Foreign Personnel (KLIS for short) was established in 2015. It is the first and only American-style independent non-profit international school in the center of Chongqing approved by the Chongqing Municipal Education Commission.
The main enrollment of the school is The target is the accompanying children (non-Chinese nationality) of foreigners who legally hold foreign residence permits in China. The school aims to cultivate students with an innovative spirit, cooperation awareness, and learning quality, and provide students with personalized education and development, so that they can actively respond to the challenges of the changing world and become qualified global citizens and thought leaders.
The KL International School was founded in 2015 as the second licensed PreK – Year 13 international school for expatriates in Chongqing, China. KLIS is the only private, co-educational, not-for-profit international school in Chongqing and our mission is to prepare creative, collaborative, and curious students who will thrive as educated global citizens, self-sustaining learners, and ethical leaders. KLIS believes in being a “Responsive School for a Changing World”.