Head of Primary School - Wuhan
- University Graduate
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred
- 3-5 years experience in an educational setting
- Administrative experience in an educational setting preferred
Our benefits package and teacher support are nearly unrivaled in schools in China. Expatriate teachers with BASIS International & Bilingual Schools China receive:
- Competitive salary (dependent upon education and experience)
- Global health coverage (including U.S. for American citizens)
- Provided accommodation or housing allowance
- Annual retirement benefit
- Paid travel to and from China at the start and end of the contract
- Annual travel allowance
- Moving allowance
- Free school meals
- Assistance in obtaining your visa
- Ability to transfer within our network at the end of your contract
We also offer extensive HR support beginning when you accept a position with us. Our HR and Operations teams will provide tremendous guidance and assistance in obtaining your visa, travel arrangements, housing, residence permit, and more.
Beyond this though, our promise to you is you will be a better educator when you leave BASIS International Schools. Through intentional and continued professional development and coaching, we nurture teaching excellence and innovation not just for the betterment of our students, but our teachers as well. This development can mean career acceleration over the years, whether you desire to become a teacher mentor or a school administrator.
BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan is seeking qualified candidates for a Head of Primary School for the 2024-2025 school year!
Are you an experienced educator looking to grow your career with an established and high-achieving school network? Apply now for our Head of Primary School with BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan.
Why BASIS International Schools?
BASIS International & Bilingual Schools is a rapidly growing network of schools in China with a tradition of academic excellence and rigor. Our first school opened in Shenzhen in 2015 and since then we have opened schools in Hangzhou, Guangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu and Wuhan, with two new schools coming in Shenzhen in 2024.
Our graduates have been accepted into some of the most prestigious colleges and universities in the world, including Princeton, Oxford, Cornell, Imperial College London, MIT, University of Toronto, Johns Hopkins, and many more—with an overall acceptance of nearly 100% to Top 50 U.S. universities.
Highly focused on academic outcomes, the Head of Primary Programs is responsible for establishing student support programs that lead to exceptional student outcomes. Through elevated expectations of student capabilities and a willingness to ensure that all students have the support they need to be successful, this person will take a data driven approach to assessing the needs of the students and allocate the resources needed to enhance the students’ educational experience.
- Coordinate primary academic programs to support students in situations relating to social integration in/out of the classroom
- Instruct teachers on child development best practices
- Create procedures for extreme behavior occurrences
- Monitor parent communications
- Manage parent expectations
- Create procedures for collecting or organizing substitute plans and recruit Teachers and Teaching Fellows for substitute duty which the Curriculum Coordinator then manages
Our eight BASIS International School campuses in China and Thailand continue the BASIS Curriculum Schools vision of delivering the gold standard of education by combining the BASIS Curriculum with highly qualified teachers who are sought after, and hired for, their deep subject matter knowledge.
Our first international school, BASIS International School Shenzhen, opened in 2015 and is the flagship of a network that has seen quick expansion with its second school, BASIS International School Guangzhou, launched in 2017, and campuses in Hangzhou and Park Lane Harbour launched in 2018. In 2019, new BASIS International Schools opened in Nanjing, China, and Bangkok, Thailand.
Our first bilingual school, BASIS Bilingual School Shenzhen, opened in September 2020. In the fall of 2022, BASIS International & Bilingual School Chengdu opened--becoming the first school in our network to house both international and bilingual programs. BASIS International & Bilingual School Wuhan opened in 2023, continuing this vision. 2024 will bring two more schools to our network: BASIS Bilingual School Guangming Shenzhen and BASIS Bilingual Kindergarten Nanshan.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.