Junior High Science Teacher (GCGS) - Bright Scholar Education Group - China
School: Guangdong Country Garden School
Location: Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong
Department: International Junior High (Middle) Section
Reports to: Head of Department
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following MYP Science curriculum.
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day.
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice.
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning.
- Establish clear instructional objectives, utilizing core teaching resources and supplementary materials.
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards.
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture.
- Participate in a culture of professional learning.
- Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs.
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions.
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and professional development activities
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department.
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our organization.
About Guangdong Country Garden School:
Guangdong Country Garden School (GCGS; Chinese name: 广东碧桂园学校), is a private co-ed boarding school in Shunde District, just south of Guangzhou and at the heart of the Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province. The school is fortunate to be situated in a safe, attractive and clean air environment with accessibility to international airports and the cities of Guangzhou (formerly known as Canton), Macau and Hong Kong. GCGS has an area of 33 hectares with around 4000 students on campus, aged 3 to 18.
There are approximately 600 teachers including over 500 Chinese teachers and around 100 international teachers. Facilities include libraries, hi-tech laboratories with 3D printers, an observatory, two running tracks and swimming pools, all situated in a beautiful green environment.
GCGS was founded in 1994 and was the first school to be founded within the Bright Scholar Education Group. It offers a wide range of well-established curricula including the IB's PYP, MYP and DP, CIE's IGCSE and A Level, Advanced Placement, and Sino-Canadian, Sino-Australian and International Foundation Diploma Programmes. GCGS hold high academic expectations for their students and many of its graduates are admitted to leading universities around the world.
|Foshan, Guangdong , China|
|Licensed Teacher, University Graduate|
|Gr. 6, Gr. 7, Gr. 8|
|USD 1830 - 4860|
Qualifications & Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|