Kindergarten Teacher (NXCGS)
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- TEFL/TESOL 100+ hours certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
- Experience working with primary and early childhood students, with PYP curriculum familiarity preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- Salary (ex. benefits) – 16,000-20,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
- Working Hours – Monday-Friday (8:00-11:40 / 14:00-17:00)
- Teaching Hours – Up to 20 hours/week
- Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
- Food – 3 paid meals a day
- Flight Reimbursement – Up to 10,800RMB (split into 2 payments)
- Visa – Work permit, residence permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
- Insurance – Health and accident insurance
- Paid Leave – National holidays + winter and/-or summer holidays
School: Ningxiang Country Garden School
Location: Xingjiang New District, Changsha, Hunan
Department: International Kindergarten
Reports to: Kindergarten Principal
Responsible for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Teach kindergarten class, plan lesson activities and prepare materials based on the provided curriculum
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Confer with parents, teachers, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine children's developmental levels and needs
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Ningxiang Country Garden School:
Ningxiang Country Garden School is located in Xiangjiang New District, west of Changsha city, nearby Yuelu Mountain and Weishui River. It is about a 40-minutes’ ride to Changsha City and one hour’s ride to Changsha Railway Station and Huanghua Airport. A big shopping mall ‘Times Outlets’ is nearby the school.
The school is a modern school and its main features combine international education, English teaching, character education and personal growth. The school opened in September of 2014 three years after its initial conception and is operated by the Bright Scholar Education Group.
It is a boarding school from kindergarten through to senior high school. The facilities comprise more than 100,000 square meters. It contains modern facilities and a campus with Wifi coverage, climate control and numerous multi-functional buildings including a gymnasium, a theater, laboratories and dormitories.
The school was founded on the principles of Country Garden’s success for the past 20 years and reflects its continuing commitment to education. It benefits from China’s educational traditions while implementing advanced international ideas. The kindergarten carries out the IB-PYP programme to lead children to explore the unknown world, to love their lives and to grow happily. The primary and junior high schools implement national compulsory education and introduce the UOI and AOI activities of IB programmes to help students create a cohesive knowledge system while cultivating their spirits of exploration and comprehensive practical abilities. The senior high school has initiated international courses such as the IGCSE, A-Level and IFY to qualify students for admission to top universities around the globe.
The school insists on the advancement of students’ character as the root of education, and strives to develop students’ learning capacity, bilingual ability, personal potential and creativity. It provides a holistic education designed to benefit students’ total human development. The school delivers small class-sized teaching with an average of 25 children in kindergarten, a maximum of 36 students in primary school and junior high school, and the maximum of 25 students in senior high school to enable more individual care for each child.
Featured Schools:Guangdong Country Garden School (1994; Foshan, Guangdong)Phoenix City International School (2003; Guangzhou, Guangdong)Jurong Country Garden School (2013; Zhenjiang, Jiangsu)Ningxiang Country Garden School (2014; Changsha, Hunan)Country Garden Silver Beach School (2015; Huizhou, Guangdong)Huaxi Country Garden International School (2015; Guiyang, Guizhou)Lanzhou Country Garden School (2016; Lanzhou, Gansu)
Bright Scholar Education Group (formerly Country Garden Education Group) is a NYSE listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. It has the privilege of operating one of the oldest international schools in China with over 20 years of experience in creating a unique premium brand within the Chinese education industry.
Bright Scholar covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, extracurricular training services, domestic camps, overseas study tours and education technology.
Currently, Bright Scholar has 6 international schools, 11 bilingual schools, and 34 kindergartens as well as guided reading programs, phonics and literature programs in 16 Elan Schools.
Bright Scholar operates in 7 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Anhui, and Gansu) and 2 municipalities (Beijing and Shanghai). With numerous construction projects already underway, the group is set to continue growing in China, including expansion to Hebei and Shandong provinces.
Bright Scholar has accumulated a cohort of highly trained and experienced domestic and international talents whose aim is to educate the future leaders of the world as well as the future backbone of Chinese society.
Bright Scholar, Bright Future.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.