- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 4 years of teaching experience
- Mathematics and Science
- Teaching Credential/License
You must be a fully qualified teacher with:
- University degree (BA/B.Sc) specialization in Mathematics/Science or equivalent;
- Teacher Qualifications (B.Ed/M.Ed/PGCE/) or equivalent;
- Have at least 2-year relevant teaching experience;
- Fluent English speaker;
- Ability to build strong relationships with students, parents, and colleagues
- Ability to assess student performance, write language plans and set appropriate goals for students to ensure progress
- Experience in the Canadian curriculum is desirable but not required.
- A commitment to an extensive enrichment program
- Recent and consistent involvement in extra-curricular activities
- Respect for all members of your school community
- Experience with students for whom English is an additional language
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services or Police check
- A cover letter and CV including details of two referees should be added as supporting documents on the Teachaway website.
- Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process before the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their applications as soon as possible.
- Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via GoogleMeets or Zoom.
- Start date for this position will be August 2022
- Closing date: May 2022
WHAT WE OFFER
- Renewable fixed-term contract and visa for 2 years
- Highly competitive tax-free salary
- Furnished accommodation or an accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Annual flight allowance
- Fee discount for dependent children
We are looking to appoint a dynamic, ambitious Teacher of Mathematics/Science who can inspire and motivate our students and join us on our continuous journey towards excellence by raising standards, improving outcomes for all learners, and delivering the MCIS core purpose:
“To ensure: Students graduate as engaged thinkers and creative innovators with ethical, global perspectives, well prepared for the opportunities and challenges of our changing world.”
We are seeking a highly motivated Teacher of Mathematics/Science who will work within the Science Team in a department that is well-resourced and led by forward-thinking practitioners who are keen to ensure all students not only achieve well but develop an enjoyment from their learning.
Maplewood Canadian International School is a Canadian Curriculum school and has full accreditation from Alberta Education which is the highest performing province in Canada. Canada consistently ranks in the top two or three countries in the world on international standardized testing programs.
Students attending MCIS experience this high quality and receive an Alberta High School Diploma on graduation. This diploma is rated highly desirable in terms of accessing post-secondary institutions around the world. This is an exciting opportunity to join Maplewood International School to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading Canadian School.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and essences and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Teamwork and collaboration
- To be a good communicator at all levels.
- Be committed to developing positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Working alongside fellow teachers to plan engaging lessons that meet the requirements of the curriculum.
- Liaising with colleagues and working flexibly.
- Working with parents to ensure the happiness and best academic outcomes for all children.
- Working cooperatively with curriculum support staff (where applicable) to support children’s development.
- Teaching and learning:
- A clear understanding of the Curriculum.
- Organizing the classroom provision and learning resources and creating displays to encourage a positive and engaging learning environment.
- Planning, preparing and presenting sessions that cater to the needs of the whole ability range within the class.
- Motivating pupils with enthusiastic, imaginative teaching.
- Observing and assessing children in line with school assessments.
- Being reflective of the classroom provision, sessions taught, progress made, and adjusting environment, planning and curriculum to reflect this.
- Assessment and data:
- Taking responsibility for the progress of a class.
- Meeting requirements for the assessment and recording of student’s development
- Using data provided by assessments to influence further planning, provision, and intervention.
- Providing feedback to parents and carers on a student’s progress at Parent-Teacher Conferences and other meetings
- Behaviour management and duties
- Follow the school’s behavior policy.
- Manage classes effectively, using approaches that are appropriate to students’ needs to inspire, motivate and challenge pupils.
- Maintain good relationships with pupils, exercise appropriate authority, and act decisively when necessary within the school’s behavioral policy.
- Be a positive role model and demonstrate consistently the positive attitudes, values, and behavior, which are expected of pupils.
- Have high expectations of behavior, promoting self-control and independence of all learners.
- Carry out duties as directed and within the school’s policy.
Wider professional responsibilities
- To work as part of a curriculum action group, supporting planning, assessment, resources, and special events linked to that team.
- Support the organizing and taking part in school events, outings, and activities that may take place at weekends or in the evening.
- Communicate effectively with parents/carers with regards to student’s achievements and well-being using school systems/processes
- Make a positive contribution to the wider life and ethos of the school
Due to the high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
MCIS is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and any offer of appointment will be subject to any relevant medical checks and clearance from appropriate safeguarding authorities.
MWIS is a Canadian curriculum school delivering a high-quality program to students from ages 4 to 19. The school has full accreditation from Alberta Education which is the highest performing province in Canada. Canada consistently ranks in the top two or three countries in the world on international standardized testing programs.
Students attending MWIS experience this high quality and receive an Alberta High School Diploma on graduation. This diploma is rated highly desirable in terms of accessing post-secondary institutions around the world.
By offering reduced tuitions and the introduction of trilingual education (English, French, Arabic) for the 2019/20 school year, the school becomes one of the highest value for money private schools in the UAE.
Abu Dhabi is the capital city of UAE and is the second most populous city. Experienced educators or administrators seeking positions in the UAE can find great opportunities in Abu Dhabi.