Nursery Lead Teacher
- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- Associate/2-year Diploma
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Pre-school, Early Childhood Education or equivalent
- Teaching Credential/LicenseOther Certification
- Children Tuition Fees Discount
- Paid Annual Leave
- Medical Insurance
- Make every student feel safe and welcome in your classroom.
- Be a role model for students in terms of positive attitude, kindness, and respect towards others.
- Create a clean and inviting classroom environment which fosters imagination and self-esteem through the presentation of student work.
- Liaise with your teaching assistant to ensure maximum efficiency in the classroom and that each child is receiving the support he or she needs.
- Instruct children on personal hygiene practices and self-care.
- Encourage cooperative social behavior through games and activities.
- Utilize games, music, books, art, technology, and other resources to teach basic skills and foster student development.
- Observe, evaluate and record children’s social and academic progress.
- communicate your needs and expectations to your teaching assistant.
- Implements the Reggio Emilia approach inside the classroom through a thoroughly planned out curriculum and lesson planning
- Research and apply visual aids and resources relevant to the Theme
- Makes imaginative use of resources and reduces the usage of ready-made items
- Sends weekly lesson plans to the administration by Saturday evening
- Manages the Assistant Teacher and service staff: schedules diaper changes, and team break times and delegates responsibilities and tasks
- Schedules in-class rotations and activities as per set up interest corners, including quiet-time: grouping children and maintaining simultaneous activities
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Creates and maintains a secure environment for learning through active interaction and support.
- Motivates and stimulates learning abilities
- Helps children in developing their social and language abilities; curiosity; physical coordination; mathematical and creative skills through stories, songs, games, drawing, and imaginative play.
- Observes, assesses, and reports each child’s progress throughout the term; fills out daily reports.
- Supervises health and safety; reports any change of wellbeing observed throughout the day
- Welcomes and farewells children at the classroom door while keeping minimum interaction with parents.
- Organizes educational materials, resources, and students' work decoratively.
- Keeps a detailed inventory of items and resources inside the classroom
- Reports any damage to furniture, toys, walls, or any other nursery belongings.
- Is responsible for the appropriate use of the nursery materials
- Maintains team spirit within and outside the classroom Administration:
- Reports to the Educational Supervisor and/or Administration on any unusual incident involving a child, assistant, or parent
- Fills out an Injury Report in case of an accident
- Reports for after-care duty as per the set-up schedule
- Actively participates in Nursery events
- Attends developmental workshops
- Uphold the school code of conduct and all school policies, rules, and procedures in a supportive and positive manner.
- Communicate with parents regularly and you must respond to parents’ messages within 24 hours.
- Ensure display boards are showcasing students' works and a new theme is implemented every 3-4 weeks.
Al Shomoukh International School (SIS) is a KG to Grade 12 international school in Muscat, the capital city of the Sultanate of Oman, Established by Global Education Services (GES).
A relatively new school that has been constructed and, combined with an international curriculum and excellent staff, the school intends to become one of the outstanding international schools in Muscat. It will draw students from both the local Omani and expatriate communities. Both will be rewarded with an educational experience of the highest order.
The school will be a beacon of international educational excellence for local and expatriate male and female students using English as the medium of instruction. Classes will be a maximum of 25 students.
The school offers the National English Curriculum. At senior levels, i.e. Year 10 on, the school will offer and prepare students for UK and US examinations including IGCSE, A level, and SATs. The school will ensure that all local Omani curriculum requirements are met to obtain an Omani Graduation Certification. At our school, all can achieve.