- Elementary, Middle School, High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Physical Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- United States (USA), United Kingdom (UK), Canada
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education
- IB teaching experience is a plus
- Valid teacher's certificate
- Diverse knowledge of various sports and physical activities
- Swimming background is a plus
- The right candidate is certified and holds a minimum of a bachelor's degree in teaching exercise science or related subjects.
- Some may have a master’s degree in physical education.
- Tax-free salary
- Health care
- Paid vacations
- External and internal professional development
- Career advancement opportunities
EGA's physical education (PE) teacher instructs students about sports, physical development, health, and proper nutrition. A PE teacher knows sports and the health sciences. Physical education teachers show students not only how to play various sports, but also how physical activity benefits the muscles and overall health. PE teachers also plan activities that help make exercise-based learning more engaging for students.
This position requires that the teacher be physically fit and active as they will typically lead multiple classes and activities across the school day. They are responsible for organizing activities and curriculum, including the preparation and maintenance of gym equipment. PE teachers should have knowledge of sports and basic health and nutrition for all developmental levels. A solid background in sports and communication skills is a definite plus.
EGA is an IB PYP accredited school, an MYP Candidate, and a CIS member school that offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic, and Social Studies. As of the academic year 2022/2023, we provide schooling to Pre-KG to Grade 8 students, and we plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years.
EGA's education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus situated on a 60,000 square meter land plot in the Northside of Doha. As of the academic year 2023/2024, our enrollment is nearly 1,600 students; however, the school campus' total enrollment capacity is 4,650 students.