- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Elementary or Primary Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- MUST be certified for grades 1 through 6. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Strong pedagogy and methodology in primary education
- Ability to articulate verbally, and apply effective strategies in Math, English and Science
- Proven history of high levels in student achievement
- Strong leadership skills
- Flexible and willing to take on new challenges
- Minimum 3 years of teaching experience at the relevant level
- For visa purposes, must be under 55 years of age
- Tax-free salary (Salary depends on verified years of experience)
- Round trip airfare from point of origin provided by employer
- Paid studio apartment or housing allowance (depending on family status)
- Medical insurance
- Tuition assistance for up to 2 dependent children
- Renewable contracts
- Paid work visa
The teacher has the responsibility to lead students toward the fulfillment of his/her potential for academic, emotional, psychological, and social growth. Teachers are responsible for stimulating maximum learning on the part of the students assigned to them by providing a good environment and by guiding sound curriculum experiences and activities in the classroom, the school, and the community. The teacher reports to the building principal or other designated leadership.
Sarh Al Jaameah Private School (SAPS), in Muscat, Oman, opened in September 2019. The school will serve grades 1 through 5 during the 2021-2022 school year. The school was born out of the vision of the Sultan Qaboos University and seeks to be a beacon in the private school community.
SAPS is an extension of the university, and it will have access to various supports, including faculty from colleges of diverse disciplines. As international educators, you’ll join a richly diverse team of professionals with vast experiences that will translate into service-learning, real-world application, subjects and content of interest for students to explore and experiment in and the opportunity to leave your indelible mark as the founding teachers and leaders. You will be part of a new school initiative, which will welcome your gifts and talents. There is ample room for professional growth and opportunities to be creative and flexible in approaches to learning. This is an exciting project, which encourages the innovative juices to flow and impact children and the school community.