Head of Arabic Social Studies
- All Levels
- Licensed Teacher
- 3 years of teaching experience
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Arabic Education
- Other Certification
- 2 recommendation letters
- Degree certificate and Transcript, High School diploma and transcript (grades 9, 10,11, and 12) attested by the Ministry of Education from the country of issue, Foreign Affairs Ministry, UAE Embassy
- Police Clearance
- Full-time overseas – hired and locally – hired employees receive a 25% (twenty-five percent) reduction in tuition fee - for up to two dependents for the first year of service and 50% (fifty percent) for each successive year of full-time employment with the school. All other fees must be borne by the employee.
- Medical Insurance - medical insurance provided to visa holders only
A Department Head (HoD) leads and organizes all the work of the department (directing members of the Department when necessary). He/She provides academic and collegial leadership; plans and coordinates the day-to-day running of the department ensuring quality performance. He/She must be aware of the current curriculum and pastoral developments. He/She is expected to contribute as appropriate to the development, management, and review of the work of the school as a whole.
Reports to: Principal
Responsible for: Academic staff in the department
- to lead the development and implementation of the department's teaching and curricular programs;
- to plan, enact and monitor for all courses appropriate syllabuses, materials, schemes of work, and revision programs, which include identified aims and objectives which are shared with the students;
- to develop and implement the strategic plan of the department in consultation with members of the department;
- to hold regular departmental meetings (once a fortnight);
- to encourage varied methods of teaching and learning, appropriate to the abilities and aspirations of the students and which enable them to take maximum responsibility for their learning;
- to draw up annual departmental reports;
- to prepare (in conjunction with the appropriate members of the SMC) the annual analysis of the staffing needs of the department according to the current staffing policy of the School;
- to ensure the efficient administration of a program of student assessment and feedback, consistent with the marking policy of the department and with the School’s assessment policy;
- to approve and monitor the quality and running of tests and examinations in conjunction with the teachers, and moderate students' test results;
- to develop subject items banks;
- to encourage the use of technology and e-learning methods;
- to ensure that accurate and up-to-date records of student achievement are kept within the department;
- to prepare a report on the examination results of the previous academic year to be discussed with the Academic Coordinator, HS Assistant Principal, and Principal;
- to ensure the identification of students who are experiencing difficulties and to report their situation to the Academic Coordinator to provide (together) support and direction to them;
- to order and allocate materials and equipment as appropriate;
- to advise the SMC on the resource requirements of the department;
- to maintain an up-to-date inventory of equipment and resources;
- to contribute to the process of appointing staff to the department;
- to design and implement an appropriate program for the departmental induction of new staff, in consultation with the appropriate member of the SMC;
- to participate in the School's staff appraisal scheme as appropriate; in particular, to observe and assess teachers regarding their adherence to prescribed instructional guidelines, planning, and learning outcomes;
- to contribute to the support, career development, professional development, and training of members of the department, especially arising out of appraisal;
- to disseminate professional subject-related literature;
- to coordinate arrangements for setting and distributing work and collecting it at the end of the lesson arising from staff absence;
- to maintain links with partner schools;
- to attend HoD meetings;
- to perform other duties which may be assigned by the school administration from time to time
To provide western education, to encourage academic excellence and to implement an inclusive learning environment for that includes students of all ability levels. Sharjah American International School (SAIS) is an American Curriculum School that hosts over 25+ different nationalities and cultural backgrounds in the grades K-12.
We strive for excellence and are committed to preparing students both academically and socially. Our aim is to develop creative problem solvers and analytical thinkers that are confident, committed and hard working. SAIS fosters a community of inclusive with its cultural diversity of both staff and students. We are proud to have a diversified learning community where all members work together in harmony, collaboration and respect to achieve common goals; creating a community of understanding that empowers students to be passionate, innovative, and productive citizens in an ever-changing global society while embracing the cultural values of the UAE.
SAIS nurtures students from from KG to 12 have a multiple opportunity to develop both within and outside of the classroom developing each as it is important for every child’s to bring out own unique personality through the guidance and learning of successful Teachers. SAIS have strong excellence in excellent academic standards, providing classes in Mathematics, Sciences, and Information Technology, English and other Religion academic program. SAIS also provides outstanding classes in the Arts and- Performing Visual arts.
We aim is to establish and maintain a community that inspires passion for learning, where students dare to embark on challenging journeys to achieve their visions and to continuously strive to find or to test available opportunities as innovators or future entrepreneurs".
Drawing millions of visitors each year, Dubai allows teachers to experience a unique combination of traditional Middle Eastern ways of life and an upscale expatriate lifestyle. Dubai's many private schools provide opportunities for licensed teachers to teach in one of the most exciting and dynamic modern cities in the world.