HS Mathematics Teacher (HXCGIS)
- High School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher (Education preferred / Mathematics major required)
- TEFL/TESOL 100+ hours certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
- A good grasp of the methodology of teaching Mathematics curriculum is required, with IGCSE, A-level, AP and/-or IB-DP Mathematics teaching experience preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Previous experience in an international school preferred
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- Salary – 15,000-17,000RMB/month (pre-tax)
- Working Hours – Monday-Friday (8:30-12:00 / 14:30-17:50)
- Teaching Hours – Up to 24 hours/week
- Grades – Grades 9 to 12
- Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
- Food – 3 paid meals each day
- Flight Reimbursement – Up to 5,000RMB
- Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
- Insurance – Health and accident insurance provided
- Leave – Paid national holidays + winter and/-or summer holidays
- Undertake a designated program of teaching and schemes of work for mathematics across all key stages
- Teach consistently high quality lessons
- Be a role model for students, inspiring them to be actively interested in mathematics
- Prioritize and manage time effectively, ensuring continued professional development in line with role
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions
- Establish clear instructional objectives, making use of core teaching resources and materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards
- Keep abreast of developments in their field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Work cooperatively with colleagues/administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Huaxi Country Garden International School:
Huaxi Country Garden International School (HXCGIS) is a co-ed private boarding school and member school of the Bright Scholar Education Group, located in Guiyang, Guizhou province, China. The kindergarten was founded in 2014, and the junior and primary schools commenced operations on September 1st, 2015.
The school is located in the Huaxi District of Guiyang city in Guizhou Province which is often referred to as a “Natural Oxygen Bar” due to its’ verdant mountainous surroundings. The school itself covers an area of 8 hectares, with a total floor space of 100,000 square meters, surround by nearby green mountains, rural streams, lakes and pathways. This is serviced by a convenient and growing local transportation system linking it to Guiyang city and other nearby towns and villages – most notably Qinyan which is officially listed as a historically significant ancient fortress township.
HXCGIS is equipped with sophisticated facilities which include a swimming pool, two sports playgrounds, a gymnasium, a dance studio, two music studios, a library, two lecture halls, science laboratories. In addition, there are many other functional classrooms and smaller tutorial rooms. All of the classrooms have advanced digital facilities: IWB (Electronic Interactive Whiteboards), TVs, computers and digital broadcast connections installed. There are also on-campus medical services provided by a registered school nurse, around the clock security staff, and a dedicated team of caterers providing meals.
Based on a nine-year compulsory education, HXCGIS fully embraces International Baccalaureate educational concepts and an international curriculum. The school carries out trans-disciplinary units of Inquiry, and continually strives to cultivate future world leaders with both a Chinese identity and international-mindedness. HXCGIS has attained membership of the CIE (Cambridge International Examinations) system and candidate school status of PYP (Primary Years Programme) within its first two years of operations.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.