- Early Childhood
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Early Childhood Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Currently residing in Japan (IMPORTANT: Due to COVID-19 restrictions we will be able to accept teachers currently in Japan only)
- Native English speaker
- 2~3 years of teaching experience as a Preschool/Kindergarten Teacher
- Experience with PYP (Preferable)
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
- Familiarity with best-practice methodologies as well as evidence of recent professional growth activities
- Housing allowance
- Visa procurement assistance
- One way airfare to Japan
- Social insurance
- Paid holidays, Sick leave
- Subsidized public transportation
- IB authorized PD opportunities
Thank you for your interest in working at Horizon Japan International School Sendai Campus. We are interested in excellent teachers who are passionate about education and are willing and able to contribute to school and student life in a wide variety of ways.
We want to build an outstanding faculty who provide a safe, nurturing environment in which students learn, foster intellectual rigor and independent thinking, and promote high standards, collegiality and a strong sense of community.
We value candidates who exhibit a passion for teaching, who have experience with students from diverse backgrounds, whose pursuit of professional development is keen and ongoing, and whose academic background and teaching experience are directly relevant to the position.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right teacher to join an excellent team to teach and work in Sendai, the largest urban center in Northern Japan. Working at Horizon Academy Sendai Campus provides an appealing, cleaner and greener, authentically Japanese, alternative to a place like Tokyo. Please submit your application following our guidelines, to allow us to consider whether we share a match in needs and interests.
Horizon Japan International School Sendai (Early Learning Center) is opened in April 2012 with accreditation from Miyagi Prefecture Government as an international school mainly for Japanese children from age 3 through 5. In April 2016, our Primary School was opened within the same campus as the first English Immersion Primary School with Article-One status in the Tohoku area. In our Primary School we have developed a unique program after investigating other organizational models in Japan. This program will develop the base needed for the leaders of the future. We believe that our children will be such leaders, representing Japan on the global stage, making our world a better place.
In the Early Learning Center all instruction is in English, while in Primary School this ratio is about 50~60%. We are hiring enthisuastic and experienced teachers from aroung the Globe to offer an international atmosphere for our school community here in Sendai.