Primary English Teacher (PCIS)
- Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Teaching Credential/LicenseTESL/TEFL Certificate over 100 hours
- 22-55 years of age
- 120 hours TEFL/TESOL certification minimum (CELTA/DELTA/PGCE/QTS preferred)
- Two years’ teaching experience working with primary and early childhood students, with PYP curriculum familiarity preferred
- Have an understanding and ability to teach pupils of all abilities
- Must be able to obtain a cleared background check
- English teaching positions require citizens of UK, USA, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand or South Africa for visa purposes
- Salary (ex. benefits) – 17,000-20,000MB/month (pre-tax)
- Working Hours – Monday-Friday (8:00-12:00 / 14:30-17:30)
- Teaching Hours – Up to 20 hours/week
- Grades/Curriculum – Grades 1-5 / Primary Years Programme (IB-PYP)
- Accommodation – Furnished apartment provided
- Food – 3 paid meals on a workday
- Flight Reimbursement – Up to 10,800RMB (split into 2 payments)
- Visa – Work Permit, Residence Permit and medical check-up fees assistance and reimbursement
- Insurance – Health and accident insurance
- Leave – Paid national holidays + winter and/-or summer holidays
School: Phoenix City International School
Location: Phoenix City Community, Guangzhou, Guangdong
Department: International Primary Section
Reports to: Head of Department and Grade Leader
Suitable for: Highly responsible people who are passionate, self-motivated and reflective professionals with excellent communication skills and relevant experience.
- Provide day-to-day instructional excellence to each student following PYP curriculum
- Ensure the classroom is well-organized for purposeful activity throughout the day
- Implement and model high standards of work practice and review, critically reflecting, and evaluating own practice
- Show great individual care and support for the students, promoting learning styles that cater to individual differences to provide engagement in rigorous, relevant, and significant learning
- Establish clear instructional objectives, utilizing core teaching resources and supplementary materials
- Assess and analyse student progress to inform instruction and provide constructive feedback to promote students’ progress towards standards
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Work cooperatively with fellow-staff members and administrators as it pertains to specific grade levels and programs
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, teacher workdays and recommended professional development activities
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the school that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Phoenix City International School:
Phoenix City International School (PCIS) was founded in 2003. The main campus is located within a purpose built housing complex which resembles a town. The large housing complex has some of the largest villas in South China and therefore the school is within a wealthy district of Guangzhou. The school is surrounded by large houses, quiet streets and the entrances to Phoenix City are manned by a security force making the community a safe place to live and work. The school and area have developed at a fast pace and has evolved to the school and community that it is today.
The main campus is currently home to the International Primary School, the Bilingual Primary School, the Bilingual High School and the newly formed International High School. The main language of instruction is Chinese but all schools offer a comprehensive English Language Curriculum. The main campus also has a large sports field, a swimming pool, landscaped gardens, outside learning areas, a canteen, electric bike parks and accommodation for staff and some pupils. The school is located near bus stops which can take you to the Traffic Center, Xingtang and Guangzhou. Aside from the main campus, there are several kindergartens within the surrounding areas that are connected to the school and group.
Over the past few years, the school has embarked on a big change. The school is now an accredited International Baccalaureate School. The IB Program aims to provide children with a holistic approach to education. It aims to develop children into successful, life- long learners who are ready to become a member of the future global society. The educational program aims to develop children into inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who are equipped with the necessary skills to be successful in their education and future life.
Featured Schools:Guangdong Country Garden School (1994; Foshan, Guangdong)Phoenix City International School (2003; Guangzhou, Guangdong)Jurong Country Garden School (2013; Zhenjiang, Jiangsu)Ningxiang Country Garden School (2014; Changsha, Hunan)Country Garden Silver Beach School (2015; Huizhou, Guangdong)Huaxi Country Garden International School (2015; Guiyang, Guizhou)Lanzhou Country Garden School (2016; Lanzhou, Gansu)
Bright Scholar Education Group (formerly Country Garden Education Group) is a NYSE listed education company based in Foshan, Guangdong, China. It has the privilege of operating one of the oldest international schools in China with over 20 years of experience in creating a unique premium brand within the Chinese education industry.
Bright Scholar covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, extracurricular training services, domestic camps, overseas study tours and education technology.
Currently, Bright Scholar has 6 international schools, 11 bilingual schools, and 34 kindergartens as well as guided reading programs, phonics and literature programs in 16 Elan Schools.
Bright Scholar operates in 7 Chinese provinces (Guangdong, Hunan, Hubei, Guizhou, Jiangsu, Anhui, and Gansu) and 2 municipalities (Beijing and Shanghai). With numerous construction projects already underway, the group is set to continue growing in China, including expansion to Hebei and Shandong provinces.
Bright Scholar has accumulated a cohort of highly trained and experienced domestic and international talents whose aim is to educate the future leaders of the world as well as the future backbone of Chinese society.
Bright Scholar, Bright Future.
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.