Science Lab Teacher
- Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School
- Licensed Teacher
- 2 years of teaching experience
- Physical Education
- Teaching Credential/License
- Bachelor’s degree in science education
- Minimum 2-years of experience as a Science Teacher
- Current certification in science education
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Create daily lesson plans and learning activities for students based on school standards in science education, and research and knowledge of developmental behaviors.
- Deliver high-quality, engaging instruction in the form of discussion, direct teaching, demonstrations and independent practice using a variety of proven methods.
- Differentiate lessons when needed to give all students access to the curriculum regardless of disability, instructional level, English proficiency or level of interest in the subject.
- Evaluate student performance on tasks using different methods such as observation, performance-based tasks or other assessment practices.
- Maintain a safe, orderly and supportive classroom by modeling expected behavior and standards, promoting positive interactions and quickly addressing behaviors that are not in line with the classroom discipline plan.
- Communicate with parents regarding student progress, potential and behavior periodically through phone or electronic means and at parent and teacher conferences.
- Improve skills and knowledge in teaching by regularly taking classes, attending workshops and discovering new methods of delivering exciting content to students.
- Furnished accommodation
- Economy Class airfare
- Public Medical Health Insurance
- Transportation with the school bus
- End-of-service gratuity (as per Qatar’s Labor Laws)
- Professional Development
Only accepting Female candidates with no accompanying dependants for this position.
If you have a passion for science and a gift for inspiring young minds, we are looking for you.
Etqan Global Academy (EGA) is seeking an engaging Science Lab Technician for grades K-6. As the Science Lab Teacher, you should have a clear vision for science across the school, and assist in the development of engaging and innovative lessons that allow our students to grow academically, socially and emotionally. The Science Lab Teacher will assist in conducting daily science instruction, science experiments and projects across all K-7 grade levels.
To be successful as a Science Lab Teacher at EGA, you will need to be adept at the development and scheduling of regular lab experiences that support classroom science curriculum through collaboration with teachers. EGA’s lab experiences are inquiry-focused, integrating the science content with academic language and math skills to provide an effective cross-curricular environment of learning.
Science Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design, development, and delivery of quality lesson plans that adhere to the school curriculum
- Drawing up suitable assessments and delivering helpful feedback to students, parents, and other teachers.
- Establishing classroom rules and regulations and ensuring that all students understand what is expected of them.
- Teaching pupils how to properly and safely use equipment.
- Develop lab procedures, including teaching and monitoring student safety protocols
- Setting up demonstrations and assisting and supervising students while they conduct experiments.
- Providing extra resources, support, and interventions for students who are struggling.
- Assessing, grading, updating records, and handling various administrative tasks related to the position.
- Preparation of laboratory practicals, including set-up and breakdown as per teachers’ instruction, testing such labs and equipment beforehand so as to ensure a successful learning experience
- Maintenance, cleaning, and storage of equipment
- Safe storage and removal of harmful chemicals and equipment
- Ensure adequate supply of equipment and materials is always available
- Keep track of materials borrowed by teachers and students
- Assisting the head teacher in supervision of laboratory practicals when needed
- Support for teachers and other faculty where needed, always keeping the best interests of the students in mind
EGA is a newly established academy which offers an advanced education model in Doha, Qatar; an IB (PYP) in addition to the Qatari Curriculum for the Arabic Language, Islamic and Social Studies. We plan for natural growth up to grade 12 in successive years. EGA is anticipated to begin operation in September 2019. Although a young school, the Operator of EGA enjoys over 15 years of experience establishing and managing international schools in the Middle East region.
EGA education philosophy emphasizes inquiry, stimulates curiosity, and fosters comprehension and creativity. Students at the EGA acquire and practice strong leadership skills and develop a sense of global responsibility.
The school operates out of a purposely built campus that comprises separate buildings for male and female students, one serves kindergarten to grade 9, and one serves G10- 12. Total enrollment capacity of the campus is +2000 students. The land plot size is 60,000M2, which is located in the Northside of Doha.
Teaching in Qatar gives teachers insight into life in the Middle East, allows teachers to experience traditional Qatari hospitality, and offers highly competitive salaries. Teachers in Qatar will enjoy an accommodating blend of old-world traditions and modern day amenities - an experience like no other!