University Counselor (GCGS)
School: Guangdong Country Garden School
Location: Shunde District, Foshan, Guangdong
Department: Group Counseling Center
Reports to: Head of Department
Responsible for: Assisting Chinese students from within Bright Scholar’s network of schools in providing advice and supporting their applications to the TOP50 universities around the world in order to fulfil their academic aspirations.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive school counseling program
- Maintain current and appropriate resources for education stakeholders
- Utilize data to tailor individual programs that meet student needs
- Implement developmentally appropriate and prevention-oriented group activities to meet student needs and school goals
- Incorporate into their programs the life skills that students need to be successful in the twenty-first century
- Assist all students, individually or in groups, with developing academic, career and personal/social skills, goals, and plans
- Accurately and appropriately interpret and utilize student data
- Monitor student academic performance, behavior, and attendance and facilitate appropriate interventions
- Provide individual and group counseling to students with identified concerns and needs
- Consult and collaborates effectively with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators, and other educational/community resources regarding students with identified concerns and needs and assist with educational, career, and life planning
- Implement an effective referral and follow-up process as needed
- Accurately and appropriately use assessment procedures for determining and structuring individual and group counseling services
- Participate in professional development activities to improve knowledge and skills
- Use available technology resources to enhance the school counseling program
- Adhere to laws, policies, procedures, and ethical standards of the country as well as the school counseling profession
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of Bright Scholar that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Guangdong Country Garden School:
Guangdong Country Garden School (GCGS; Chinese name: 广东碧桂园学校), is a private co-ed boarding school in Shunde District, just south of Guangzhou and at the heart of the Pearl River Delta in Guangdong Province. The school is fortunate to be situated in a safe, attractive and clean air environment with accessibility to international airports and the cities of Guangzhou (formerly known as Canton), Macau and Hong Kong. GCGS has an area of 33 hectares with around 4000 students on campus, aged 3 to 18. There are approximately 600 teachers including over 500 Chinese teachers and around 100 international teachers. Facilities include libraries, hi-tech laboratories with 3D printers, an observatory, two running tracks and swimming pools, all situated in a beautiful green environment. GCGS was founded in 1994 and was the first school to be founded within the Bright Scholar Education Group. It offers a wide range of well-established curricula including the IB's PYP, MYP and DP, CIE's IGCSE and A Level, Advanced Placement, and Sino-Canadian, Sino-Australian and International Foundation Diploma Programmes. GCGS hold high academic expectations for its students and many graduates are admitted to leading universities around the world.
|Licensed Teacher, College/University Faculty|
|USD 2100 - 4590|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|