Kindergarten Homeroom Teacher (JCGS)
- Teach kindergarten class, plan lesson activities and prepare materials based on the provided curriculum
- Observe and evaluate children's performance, behavior, social development, and physical health
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students' varying needs and interests
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students
- Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Confer with parents, teachers, and administrators to resolve students' behavioral or academic problems
- Administer standardized ability and achievement tests, and interpret results to determine children's developmental levels and needs
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities
- Respect, appreciate and understand differences in learning and school culture
- Participate in a culture of professional learning
- Be accountable and a positive advocate for all management decisions
- Attend staff meetings, workdays and professional development activities as assigned or recommended
- Contribute to afterschool activities on a regular basis
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Principal or Head of Department
The performance responsibilities are designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee to only the work identified. It is the expectation of the School that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of the organization.
About Jurong Country Garden School:
Jurong Country Garden School (JCGS) is an international school that has opened since 1 September 2013. It operates under Bright Scholar Education Group, and was established by the chair of the board of Country Garden - Mr. Yang Guoqiang. The school offers a 15-year International Baccalaureate education for all three programmes (PYP, MYP and DP).
The school is located in Country Garden Phoenix Community in the Jurong Economic Development Zone, which is part of the Yangtze River Delta and close to developed cities such as Shanghai, Hangzhou, and Nanjing. The school occupies an area of approximately 134,000 m2 including 160,000 m2 construction area, with a maximum capacity of 24 classes in kindergarten, 50 classes in PYP, 50 classes in MYP, and 20 classes in DP, with an overall enrollment of 3,600 students.
Currently, JCGS has 1300 students. JCGS provides an advanced education and high level accommodation, which includes three swimming pools, a sports field, a gymnasium, a library, a theater, a lecture hall, a range of laboratories and specialist classrooms. All classrooms have been equipped with interactive whiteboards, TVs, computers, digital radios and other technological aids to learning.
About Bright Scholar Education Group:
Bright Scholar Education Group is a NYSE-listed (ticker: BEDU) education group based out of Foshan, China. Bright Scholar operates in 8 Chinese provinces and the 2 municipalities of Beijing and Shanghai and covers a diverse portfolio of business areas including K-12 international and bilingual education, training education and education technology. Currently, Bright Scholar employs over 6,000 domestic and international staff and caters to more than 30,000 students. Bright Scholar international schools offer numerous international curricula including IB (PYP, MYP and DP), Cambridge IGCSE and A-levels, AP Program, and IFY programmes.
|Zhenjiang, Jiangsu, China|
|Licensed Teacher, ESL Instructor|
|USD 2240 - 3280|
Qualifications and Requirements
One of the world's most powerful nations, China's cultural contributions have influenced history and human development for thousands of years. Teach Away offers ESL teaching jobs in reputable language schools as well as licensed teaching jobs across China.
|Renminbi (yuan) (¥)|
|Varied: wet/dry seasons|
|Land area - 3.7 million sq. miles (9.6 million sq. km)|