Happy holidays from everyone at Teach Away!
Not only was 2017 a great one for our whole team – by all accounts, this year was also an exciting and successful time for our Teach Away teachers and schools, too.
We placed over 1,000 motivated, energetic teachers in leading education institutions all around the world. And another 1,000 of you are currently enrolled in one of our teacher training and development courses. In 2018, we’re excited to continue making your dreams of teaching abroad – and being the best teacher you can be – a reality.
We also can’t wait to share some new teacher recruitment and training initiatives that are in the pipeline with you – stay tuned to the blog for more on that front!
So, as 2017 winds down and comes to a close, we wanted to recap seven highlights that made this year so special for the team – and for our amazing educators and partner schools:
1. Teach Away partnered with UAE Government Schools to hire more than 500 math and science teachers to teach in the UAE.
2. With the help of our kickass team of Placement Coordinators, we launched Passport to Teach, a month-long online event where we took you all around the world to learn everything you need to know about landing a teaching job abroad!
3. We officially launched Culturally Responsive Teaching, a professional development course that helps our international teachers better relate to their students from a range of cultural backgrounds.
4. We helped NBA basketball player Bismack Biyombo with his inspiring new education initiative in the Democratic Republic of Congo.
5. We enrolled our first course participants in Digital Learning for the K-8 Classroom, our online digital literacy training course for teachers created in partnership with Teachers College, Columbia University and leading digital literacy expert Detra Price-Dennis.
6. Did you know that there are over 300 English language learners in China who are looking for Bachelor’s degree holders to teach English in China? We sure do!
That’s why we launched our brand-new recruitment initiative, the Explore Program. The Explore Program is working with reputable education organizations in China to place new grads of any major, as well as licensed teachers, in top English teaching jobs all across China.
7. Teach Away’s teacher job fairs, brought to you in partnership with International Schools Services, made a welcome return in November of this year, when we headed to sunny Atlanta to help over 60 of our incredible teachers get started on their 2018 teaching adventures overseas!
Up next in early 2018 are our Bangkok and New York job fairs – if you’re itching to teach abroad next year then get your application in to attend before the deadlines close!